Modifying Original Recipes to Fit Your Needs!

A blog about healthy eating, healthy living and happiness. Join me and I'll show you how easy it is to substitute, modify and enhance your favorite recipes to accommodate your special diet, all without missing a thing!

July 2, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals! - Second go-round

 Foodie Pen Pals! 

Ahhh.... the last day of the month... it is quickly becoming my favorite :-) Why you ask? Well my friends, I get to post about the box full of goodies I received from this month's Foodie Pen Pals!

I know, I know... It's not June anymore... But I promise I have a good excuse as to why I'm a little late on this posting... I was in Winter Park, Colorado all weekend with family and friends having the most amazing time at the 10th annual Blues Festival, and, let's not forget that Sunday was the birthday of the most amazing woman in the world... my mom :) (told ya it was a good excuse!)

So here we are, July 2nd - but HERE (drum roll please).... is the box of goodies I received from my yet again amazing [foodie] pen pal, Tiffany of To The T^2!


She was so great in finding these items, all things so very unique that she mentioned can only be found at a little ethnic shop in Brooklyn. [Well now I feel special :)]


Let's review the goodies, shall we?
Mild green salsa from The Brooklyn Salsa Company, Hot Fireman's Pear Jam with Chipotle & Cinnamon (uh, yum!), Harissa Powder (complete with a hand drawn recipe map!), and let's not forget these babies - Dark Chocolate covered Goji Berries. What can I say? I scored, yet again.


Now seriously, how adorable is this recipe map?! I'm probably going to need to laminate this so I don't wreck it when making the recipe... this is the kind of thing that could be framed and mounted in a kitchen! Ooo... that's not a bad idea ;-)

Thank you SO MUCH Tiffany, for the truly amazing, so unique and so delicious goodies you managed to pack in this box! *Sidenote... Although it's only 7:00am I'm enjoying some of those chocolate covered goji berries on my blackberry buckwheat bake as we speak! SO delicious!*

And one last thing, for those of you who still haven't joined the wonderful group of Foodie Pen Pals - it's never too late! This is something that I truly look forward to every month - shopping for unique goodies is so much fun and hearing back from your pen pal with how much they love everything you sent is such a great feeling! Not to mention... the goodies you receive are totally out of this world!

If you forgot what exactly Foodie Pen Pals is, here's a little refresher...

On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.

You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!

You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)

Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.

I'm off to start my day, and what better way than by publishing this post... a reminder of how friendly and kind people are - especially those fellow foodies!

Until next month ;-)



1 comment:

  1. You are too kind, Melaina! Hope you enjoy every bite!

    ReplyDelete