Modifying Original Recipes to Fit Your Needs!

A blog about healthy eating, healthy living and happiness. Join me and I'll show you how easy it is to substitute, modify and enhance your favorite recipes to accommodate your special diet, all without missing a thing!

September 3, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals August!

Another month has passed, which can only mean one thing... Foodie Pen Pals was another great success! Have I told you how much I love this program?!

It is amazing!

This month, my foodie pen pal was a wonderful woman from Ohio named Heather. She really packed this box full of incredible goodies, all of which I absolutely love! One thing you should know about Heather... it's quite a cute story actually..

She had given her husband the task of mailing my box. Well, she happened to find out about one week later that, oops, her hubby forgot to send it! She emailed me with such apology, explaining what had happened and that she hated being late on "deadlines" and this was so unlike her. She quickly let me know that she had mailed out my box priority mail that day. Of course, I wasn't upset at all and was so touched that she took the extra care to get my box to me as soon as she could. So sweet of you Heather!

So, because this box is just that awesome, for the goodies in it and because of the story behind it,  I think I'll switch things up and tell you first what the box included...

I opened the box to find everything wrapped in brightly colored tissue paper, sitting under a lovely typed note telling me all about herself and family, and then describing all of my delicious goodies. Below the letter was another typed message... a recipe for Banana Quinoa Muffins that she absolutely loves ~ it's so fun when my pen pals share recipes!!!

I furiously opened each item, only for my smile to grow bigger and bigger with every new item I saw...

Kettle Style Avocado Oil Potato Chips
Danielle Market Crunchy Pumpkin Chips
Cousin Mary Jane Toasted Hemp Seeds
Traverse City Cherry Coffee
Those Nature People Herb Haus Tea
Those Nature People Bread Dip and Kelp seeds
Perfectly portioned amounts of Quinoa flakes and Quinoa flour (for the muffin recipe of course!
Chocolate Peppermint Honey rounds
*Also in this box were several pamphlets on the companies of these  products, including health information and fun recipes... so fun!

Uhh.. yea, I told you this box was packed! Let's take a look at the pictures of this great occasion, shall we?




As you can see, and as I'm sure you can tell by the wide variety of simply lovely goodies in this box, Foodie Pen Pals is one of my new simple pleasures in life. Want to know more???

On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.

You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!

You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)

Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.

Thank you again to Heather, I truly love every item in this box and I am so happy I got assigned as your pen pal for the month of August! I can only hope each of my pen pals in the coming months are as sweet and caring as you!

No comments:

Post a Comment