Modifying Original Recipes to Fit Your Needs!

A blog about healthy eating, healthy living and happiness. Join me and I'll show you how easy it is to substitute, modify and enhance your favorite recipes to accommodate your special diet, all without missing a thing!

January 1, 2013

Here's to 2013 - things to do, things to see, things to dream & things to love

Happy New Year!

A new year is upon us once again. A time to start fresh, try new things, continue with great habits or fix those that we don't so much favor. A time of resolutions, dreams and wishes. A time to stop and reflect on your life thus far and really ask yourself... what more can I do? What is it that I want out of life? Well friends.. this year.. let's do it!

If you haven't noticed... It Really Works! has a brand new look and layout! Stepping outside of the box with a clean new look, I decided to start this change as we, together, welcome this new year 2013. I'd love to know what you think so don't be shy and leave a comment below!

Now, back to the new year, I have a theory about resolutions... They should be things that you've always had in your mind, things that you feel strongly about and things that aren't so drastic of a change that you can't achieve them - but things that you know you can conquer if you put your mind to it. They also don't have to be "measurable" per say. If you want to work out more then so be it & hit the gym a few more days than you currently do. If you want to smile more, keep the thought in your head and it is likely to happen. Focus on things that mean something to you, things that will improve your life, your mood and your outlook and without a doubt... you'll achieve more than you ever imagined.

I decided to ring in 2013 thinking about my "to-do" list for this year... 

  1. Stay healthy, be healthy, feel healthy - always
  2. Practice patience, be kind.
  3. Start running again, conquer the half marathon I've always wanted to do. 
  4. Devote more time to this very blog, expanding recipes, increasing followers, showing my true colors & passion for food.
  5. Do more yoga & remember to breathe.
  6. Buy a house with my love :-)
  7. Get a dog!
  8. Travel anywhere & everywhere.
  9. Surprise myself.
  10. Enliven my inner photographer - take classes, capture beauty, capture moments.
  11. Get stronger, feel better. 
  12. Have no regrets.

In light of these resolutions and thoughts, I've started a new Pinterest board to remind myself of the things I'd like to achieve. Take a look for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment