- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups (1/4-inch) cubed peeled apple (about 3 apples)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- To Prepare:
- 1. To prepare chutney, melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add cranberries and the next 6 ingredients (through allspice); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until apples are tender; stir occasionally.
- 2. To prepare pork, while chutney simmers, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine chipotle and next 4 ingredients (through black pepper); sprinkle over pork. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with chutney.
*I usually only use two apples, cut into small pieces. This time I used only one and substituted two ripe plums for the raisins (delicious!) Prepare the chutney as usual but wait to add the plums until the end to avoid them becoming to mushy.
2 medium zucchini (cut into rounds about 1/4 inch thick)
1/3 c sliced onion
salt, pepper, garlic (and any other of your favorite seasonings)
Warm a large skillet and add a small slice of butter to coat the bottom of the pan. Dump in the onions and let cook until translucent and have browned. Set aside. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan and place your zucchini flat on the pan, add your spices, then layer on the rest of the zucchini adding more spice to the top. Let cook on medium heat until you begin to see browning. Toss and turn until all zucchini are evenly cooked. Enjoy!