Modifying Original Recipes to Fit Your Needs!

A blog about healthy eating, healthy living and happiness. Join me and I'll show you how easy it is to substitute, modify and enhance your favorite recipes to accommodate your special diet, all without missing a thing!

November 4, 2011

Strawberry, Orange, Carrot Smoothie

Settle down now... I know seeing "carrot" in the name for a smoothie threw you a little off-guard. Rest assured that this smoothie is sweet, delicious, and ever so good for you!

Here are the simple ingredients that I'm sure you already have on hand!

5-6 fresh strawberries
5-6 baby carrots or 1 regular sized carrot
1 cup orange juice (I used Tropicana, less sugar and only pure ingredients)
1 small ripe frozen banana

First, you'll need to steam (or microwave - I'll admit this is how I did it because I wasn't patient enough for steaming!) the carrots until tender and can be pierced with a fork. Run them under cold water and let sit a few minutes. Place all ingredients in the blender and process until smooth. Add more fruit or more OJ to get the smoothie to your preferred thickness. That's it!

I enjoyed this smoothie as a post-workout snack along with Soy Crispettes from Whole Foods. (One serving of these light delicious crisps gives your body 8 grams of protein!) Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment