Modifying Original Recipes to Fit Your Needs!

A blog about healthy eating, healthy living and happiness. Join me and I'll show you how easy it is to substitute, modify and enhance your favorite recipes to accommodate your special diet, all without missing a thing!

February 15, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday ~ 2.0

First off - I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day yesterday! I'd like to share a picture of these beautiful flowers that are sitting on my kitchen table...
He's perfect :)

Truthfully, my boyfriend and I are both on the same page about Valentine's Day - you don't need a special day to show how much you love someone. But hey... I'm definitely not one to complain if the man I love buys me flowers :)

Anyway... on to Wednesday!

Oh what a day. Here's a little breakdown...

Work from home until 11:00am. Edit resume/print business cards for the business school career fair. 30 minute interval workout. Shower. Get dressed/dry hair/make-up - get all professional looking ;-). Eat lunch. Prepare dinner to bring to school (yup, another 7 o'clock meeting tonight!). Drive to school. Go to career fair. Go to coffee shop and have a serious school-work session. Drive back to the b-school. Eat dinner. Meeting. Drive home. Enjoy the rest of my fabulous gluten/dairy/nut free zucchini chocolate bread - which I will tell you about in....

5

4

3

2

1

What time is it?!?!



Unfortunately... I don't think I met the par for the [veggies] portion of this WIAW post... but here are some fun meal ideas and pictures to catch your attention!

Breakfast
One of my favorite breakfasts with a slight modification because of the season - (a.k.a strawberries are cheaper than raspberries right now!) - Flax cereal, freshly cut strawberries, diced dried mango and my go-to vanilla hemp milk. Don't forget your large cup of green tea ;-)


Lunch
A lunch I used to make ALL THE TIME (before going gluten/dairy/yeast..etc. free), again with a few modifications - a grilled cashew butter & banana sandwich complete with cinnamon, honey and a side of celery. Simple. Delicious. 


Snack
I did NOT want to spend the 3 hours I had until my meeting at school so I visited the local Brewing Market coffee shop in Boulder and couldn't resist when I saw the shelf of gluten free items. I settled on this baby... gluten/dairy/nut free chocolate zucchini bread with jasmine green tea. OMG. THIS IS SO GOOD! *Quick side note... not only does this coffee shop have gluten & dairy free baked goods, but you can also trade up your cows milk for soy, almond, OR hemp milk! AH! I love Boulder :)


Dinner
A lovely salad with my leftover California Chicken Sandwich from Red Robin (I know, I know... it's not guaranteed gluten free but by ordering wrapped in lettuce rather than the traditional bun - it left my stomach feeling just fine - yeaahhh!). I topped my salad with grapes (if you've never done this you must give it a try) oh and some crushed blue corn tortilla chips (guilty#). It was a perfect light dinner knowing my dessert would be...


Snack [dessert]
You didn't think I ate that whole piece of chocolate zucchini bread all at once did you? Oh no... I had a plan from the very beginning. Eat half as a snack and enjoy the rest as a luscious, delightfully sinful dessert. I know you're jealous... which is why I am now determined to recreate this bread, perhaps as a muffin. Stay tuned ;-)


Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment