Modifying Original Recipes to Fit Your Needs!

A blog about healthy eating, healthy living and happiness. Join me and I'll show you how easy it is to substitute, modify and enhance your favorite recipes to accommodate your special diet, all without missing a thing!

August 4, 2011

TV Dinner

Tonight, my boyfriend is having dinner with some buddies on the hill and our roommate won't be home until later. So... it's cooking for one. I actually really love these nights because the possibilities for dinner are endless! I can have whatever looks good or sounds good - and all I have to worry about is pleasing myself :-)

I've had the last bit of my smoked salmon in the fridge for a while and it needed to get used up so here is what I came up with...

1 serving smoked salmon (whatever brand/flavor you like)
1/3 c shelled edamame
1/3 c corn (I'll admit I used the canned sweet corn but it still works!)
1 serving sweet potato fries (or whatever sweet potato or other potato you have...leftovers are easiest)
olive oil

Mix it all together, microwave until you've reached the temperature you like best.


I know it doesn't seem like anything special but when you have the place to yourself, a TV in front of you and a few hours until Jersey Shore premieres...(yes... I've gotten sucked in... ) it's easy to relax with this comforting yet extremely nutritious meal!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment