Modifying Original Recipes to Fit Your Needs!

A blog about healthy eating, healthy living and happiness. Join me and I'll show you how easy it is to substitute, modify and enhance your favorite recipes to accommodate your special diet, all without missing a thing!

December 29, 2011

EnerG Foods Yeast Free Brown Rice Loaf

I know what you must be thinking... "Really?! Another yeast-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free store-bought bread?!"

Yes my friends, it is true.

This loaf is a much better fit for sandwiches than the previously mentioned Brown Rice loaf. It is much lighter, more flexible and is great toasted or not. The flavor may take some getting used to, but heck, almost any "anything-free" food takes more than one bite before you fall in love with it. The taste of this loaf resembles sourdough bread but with the right additions you can make it delicious! Try the Classic BLTs I made using this product!

This bread, as with any gluten free bread, stays fresh for much less time than a typical bread. What I like to do is take half the loaf and freeze it for later use. The easiest way to do this is to wrap two pieces at a time in foil. This way when you go to grab your bread from the freezer the portion you want is ready to be popped into the microwave, or placed in the fridge to thaw the night before you plan to eat it. I know, I know... good thinking Melaina!

For the full ingredient list and to find other great products from the Ener-G brand visit their site here.

2 comments:

  1. I am just starting the yeast free world. Thanks for this post...it takes some time to get used to anything :)
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm so glad you found this product! The yeast free world is a difficult one, finding products, especially BREAD can be pretty difficult. This loaf is a great one for sandwiches but I also have a favorite for breakfast... Food For Life Yeast Free Wheat Free brown rice bread & multi seed bread - http://itreallyworksrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/12/food-for-life-yeast-free-wheat-gluten.html

    They are much more dense, and when topped with your favorite nut butter & chia seeds, you have a filling and delicious breakfast that lasts you until lunch. Let me know if you give these loafs a try, I'd love to know what you think!

    ReplyDelete