Modifying Original Recipes to Fit Your Needs!

A blog about healthy eating, healthy living and happiness. Join me and I'll show you how easy it is to substitute, modify and enhance your favorite recipes to accommodate your special diet, all without missing a thing!

December 29, 2011

Sandwich Petals

Let me first explain to you how ecstatic I was when I first came across these Sandwich Petals... ya know that feeling you had when you were a little kid on Christmas morning and you opened the present that you had been hoping for since the Christmas one year earlier? Yeah... it was kind of like that.

I was on a losing streak of trying to make homemade tortillas that were flexible and had no breakage when used for a wrap, especially past the day of making them. It was because of this losing streak that my excitement level for this product was so high. These Sandwich Petals come in three flavors - Spinach Garlic Pesto, Chimayo Red Chile and Agave Grain (original). Surprisingly, the original is the only one I have yet to try. The Spinach Garlic Pesto and the Chimayo Red Chile are equally delicious but bring different flavor profiles to suit the meal or snack you are making. These petals are flexible, won't crack and make great chips! (To make the chips - lightly brush with olive oil, use a pizza cutter to slice into triangle shapes and bake at 350 for 6 - 8 minutes.)

In addition to their great flavor, they are super healthy! They may be hard to find, I've only had luck buying them at Vitamin Cottage but as you can see on their site they do have free shipping! So tomorrow you're going to do to what? That's right... go purchase yourself some Sandwich Petals ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment