Modifying Original Recipes to Fit Your Needs!

A blog about healthy eating, healthy living and happiness. Join me and I'll show you how easy it is to substitute, modify and enhance your favorite recipes to accommodate your special diet, all without missing a thing!

September 12, 2011

Simple Fulfilling Rice Toast with Sunbutter & Banana

I'm not sure if I can really call this a recipe, but what I can call it is happiness, filling, healthy and such a wonderful way to start any day.

If you've ever been able to have regular bread (that is, bread with gluten, yeast & dairy) and peanut butter you know how delicious a  peanut butter, banana & honey sandwich can be. This is an allergy free spin off of that but made for breakfast.

The bread I use for this is Food for Life Yeast Free Brown Rice Bread. It is very dense and has a taste similar to sourdough bread. It is so dense that it really only works if it is toasted, and even then I'm not sure I would use it for a sandwich. However, for morning toast, especially toast topped with sunbutter and a banana it is perfect.

This breakfast is very simple to prepare - Toast the bread (I always make two pieces), when it is ready top with your sunbutter of preference (I use Once Again Sunflower Seed Butter), add a sprinkle of cinnamon to both slices, cut up the banana and add to toast, top with a drizzle of honey and enjoy with a large cup of green tea :)

I know it is simple and may not seem like much but to me it is one of those comfort foods that always sounds good and always satisfies.

I hope this brings a fresh idea to your mornings, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment